Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Perfect Dish Cloth has been Found

I have done it!  I have found the perfect combination and created the perfect pattern for the handknit dish cloth.  In my opinion (and the opinions of others who sell hand knit dish cloths), nothing beats a handknit dish cloth.  My new combination (somebody else has probably already found it, but failed to tell me) uses a strand of cotton yarn and a strand of acrylic yarn to maximize absorbancy and scrubbing power.  What more could you ask for in a dish cloth?  I like my dish cloths fairly small, but you could of course increase the size if you like a large towel size to do your dishes.  When it gets dirty you stick it in the wash and it comes out looking like new (until you have washed it so many times and used it so many times it shreds and falls apart…then knit a new one).  Enjoy my great revelation, and happy dish washing!  The pattern is available for free below or on Ravelry.  
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-perfect-dish-cloth




1 comment:

  1. Gonna try it soon. My friend in Illinois sent me 2 cotton-only dishcloths she knit for me and I've used them so much they're coming undone. Time to make a few for myself, and maybe a few for her.

    ReplyDelete