Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wrapped in Love

Wrapped in Love

You pick up the needles and a wonderful lucious yarn and begin to click away as you create a masterpiece for a beloved friend or family member.  What thoughts go through your head?  I think about the person for whom I am making the gift.   Two years ago I made my children blankets for Christmas.  I picked colors that represented them and adjusted the size for each of them based on their age and height.  They sleep under those blankets everynight and call them their “Mommy Blankets.”  When I tuck them in at night I feel they are wrapped in a hug from me.  I had made items for others before these blankets, and I enjoyed thinking about the indivudal recepient as I made the gift.  With the blankets, however, I had the joy of not only thinking about my children as I made the gifts, but I see the warm glow on their faces as I wrap them in love with a hug from me every night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment