Friday, March 30, 2012

On my needles

On my needles right now I have:
1.  A Purse that I thought I would make as a Christmas gift, and it is currently hibernating.
2.  A hat that was also to be a Christmas gift, but it wasn't right for the recipient so it is also hibernating.
3.  The project I am actually working on the moment is nice light summer/spring sweater for ME!  From Custom Knits I am working on Jewel. 
I usually have more little projects on the side, but I just finished posting MaryJayne's swing coat and Easter Basket so I thought it was time to take it easy and do something just for me. 
As much as I love to knit for everyone else, there is a certain satisfaction in knitting for myself.  I appreciate the finished project as only a knitter can, and I am aware of all the little snags that went into the finished project along the way. 

Enjoy knitting for others, and enjoy knitting for yourself!!! Share your favorite for yourself items by adding a comment.  I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still struggling after all these years to make a garment that I am 100% totally pleased with. I'm studying fit and fibre quality more these days and have high hopes. Aside from that a recent hat, scarf and glove set in darkest blue boucle proved very wearable. Hope you are enjoying your sweater. Look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I am not the jly one who struggles to knit for myself. I have a couple of sweaters that turned out well and an equal among that just didn't work for me

    ReplyDelete