Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Lace Pattern

I have begun designing my first project in "lace." I picked a border that I liked and a simple lace stitch and put the two together.  So far so good.  My first glitch, however, (okay my second, I did have to rip out and start over when my edging on one side was not coming out correctly and I figured out I needed to make sure I was doing the right stitches on the Right side and wrong side of the finished piece and adjusted the pattern accordingly) is deciding as I work the project, do I add a different lace pattern in middle of the project to simply change things up, or do I Keep It Simple?  Keep it simple is a good motto with most craft projects, but with lace is simple good or maybe not so good.  I will probably just keep it simple, because as I stated, this is my first lace pattern.  But the urge to add more is one I constantly try to decipher.  To add more or keep it simple?  If anyone has the answer to this age old dilemma, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment