Sunday, October 2, 2011

Using Double Pointed Needles

If you are like me, the thought of using double pointed needles scared me a bit at first.  After a few projects I became more comfortable with them, and now I often prefer them to joined/connected needles because it allows the size of my project to change in circumfrance greatly as I knit.  The best tip I found on using double needles is simply to practice.  Do be careful not to lose your knitting off one end or the other.  (Those little tip guards can be a lifesaver if you have to put down your project.)  When using markers make sure they are not located at the end of a needle or they will fall off.  And again, practice.  If you learn to use them a whole new world of patterns will open up to you.

1 comment:

  1. I have had a little go at them. Not too bad, but as you say, practice is essential.

    ReplyDelete